Adding a new tool to your tool box - DLF Trusted Assessor Level 2
Handy person teams provide an invaluable service to vulnerable residents; keeping them safe and independent by carrying out low level repairs to their homes. They are also a key frontline response to removing fall hazards, assisting with hospital discharge and signposting to other services for major adaptations.
In order to continue to raise the profile and relevance of Handyperson services, the DLF have redesigned and updated the Trusted Assessor level 2 course for Handy people to use as one of the essential tools in their everyday assessments.
Trusted Assessor Level 2 will enable Handy people to:
- Have a basic understanding of disability and recognise that provision of suitable equipment will assist clients to live independently
- Understand the safety and risk factors involved in the prescription of basic equipment
- Be able to measure and fit and basic equipment
- Review equipment, adjust and risk assess as required
- Be able to demonstrate the use of basic equipment to the service user
- Know when to refer clients to other services
- Understand the role of the Trusted Assessor at Level Two
The DLF recognise the key role Handy people play in creating safe environments for vulnerable residents and their aim is to ensure that they are fully equipped to make a greater impact as they continue their work.
Our next available courses are:
London 15 & 16 October 2018
London 6 & 7 December 2018
If you would like to book please visit us at https://training.dlf.org.uk, remember to enter 'Foundations' into the referral box. If you have any queries regarding the course please call 020 7289 6111.
See their other courses run by the DLF here.
Have a look at their new brochure here