Foundations is the National Body for Home Improvement Agencies in England. This means that we’re contracted by the Ministry of Housing Communities and Local Government to oversee a national network of nearly 200 home improvement agencies (HIAs) and handyperson providers across the country.
It’s a role we’ve held since 2000, and since 2015 we’ve also been supporting local authorities to improve how they deliver Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) - whether they use a HIA or not.
In practice, this means that we:
- Have Regional Advisors who can provide expert advice and support
- Supply consultancy services* if you need more in-depth support
- Run events like the DFG Champions Roadshows and the National Healthy Housing Awards
- Provide specialist training courses* including free in-house training on DFGs
- Offer the leading online case management database* for the sector
- Give grant funding for measures and pilot projects through Foundations Independent Living Trust
- Maintain this website with a host of information and practical resources.
You can find more details in our Workplan (opens a new window)
Most of the things we do are provided completely free of charge, so get in touch to see how we can help! We try to be different and make a difference.
*Please contact us to discuss pricing
Our Vision and Values
Provide great information, products and services for all the dedicated professionals helping to keep people warm, safe and secure in their home.
Leading and inspiring positive change in the delivery of home adaptations and improvements.
- We are different and make a difference
- We work in perpetual beta
- We challenge our own thinking
- We speak with integrity
- We trust each other
- We seek partnerships that serve our mission
Meet the Team
Join Our Growing Team!
See our job openings
Select your region form the list below to find out who your local adviser is and how to get in touch with them, a map will show where the region is visually