Foundations is committed to promoting digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant WCAG 2.1 accessibility standards.
Our website conducted a process to implement an automatic accessibility tool to conform as closely as possible to the standards set by the WCAG 2.1 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (opens a new window)) at the AA level.
Measures taken to make our website more accessible
Foundations's automatic accessibility tool implements the following measures to this website:
- Enable keyboard navigation
- Fonts - Ability to increase and decrease the site font, adjust, align etc.'
- Change colour contrast based on a dark or light background.
- Change the Site's colours.
- Matching and monochrome option for colour blind people.
- Change the font for readability.
- Increase the cursor and change its colour to black or white.
- Increase the display to 200%.
- Highlight links and headers on the site.
- Display an alternative description of the images.
- Increase the content chosen by the cursor, showed in a tooltip.
- Describe words by mouse selection.
- Displays the site's contents in a new window clearly and readable.
- Enables users to type contents using the mouse.
- Stops blinking and flashing of moving elements
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Foundations's mission goal is to be able to support the widest array of browsers and assistive technologies as possible. We have therefore invested efforts to support popular systems with high market share, including Safari, Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera. We have also addressed JAWS and NVDA assistive technologies for Windows and MAC.
Accessibility of our website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Notes, Comments, and Feedback:
Despite our efforts to make our website accessible to as many people as possible, it is possible that some pages or sections on our website have not yet been made fully accessible, for a variety of reasons. We are dedicated to keep improving the accessibility features and interface of our product.
We try to respond to accessibility requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.