Better Care Fund & Disabled Facilities Grant London Regional Event
The Better Care Fund London Regional Team and Foundations (supported by SCIE) would like to invite you to their second regional joint event. You can register for the event here.
Wed, 13 February 2019
09:30 – 15:30 GMT
The objectives of the event are:
- To learn about the latest national policy, especially the findings and recommendations from the recent DFG Review
- To increase the awareness of the DFG and BCF by respective partners, as well as the vital link between both
- To encourage and support closer links at a local level between DFG teams, Social Care, Housing and the Better Care Fund leads
- To share local practice, especially positive examples on the use of Regulatory Reform Orders
- To inspire local teams’ innovative design and plan together ways of supporting people to live healthy, independent lives.
This workshop is free, and lunch and refreshments will be provided. Places are limited so book now.
For any more information, please contact Sophie Tapper at SCIE (email@example.com, or 02077667364). We look forward to seeing you there.
09:00 – 09:30: Registration, Refreshments, Networking
09:30 – 10:00: Intro and Q&A: the BCF, DFG, and their interdependence - Dave Eldridge, Foundations and Jane Lord, Better Care Support Team
10:00 -10:30: DFG Review and Q&A - Paul Smith and Kurt Horder
10:30 - 11.10: Breakout Sessions
- 'Decent Homes Grant’ and a ‘Small Repairs Grant’ -Elpida Moscardini, HIA Manager, LB Enfield
- Handyperson Service - Rose Pereira, HIA Operations Manager, LB Ealing
- Support for Home Safety Checks - Dianne Blazer, Housing Services Manager, LB Bexley
11:10 – 11:25: BREAK
11:25 – 12:05: Breakout Sessions (as above)
12:05 – 12:45: Breakout Sessions (as above)
12:45 – 13:30: LUNCH
13:30 – 14:20: How to Evidence Your Impact - Dave Eldridge and Paul Smith
14:20 - 14:30: BREAK
14:30 – 15:15: Local Challenges and Action Planning - Nicole Valenzuela-Sotomayor
15:15– 15:30: Closing Remarks - Andre Lotz