Join us on Tuesday 21 February for the latest Foundations webinar, live from 2pm
Innovative, Balanced and Conscientious
I trained as a nurse over 30 years ago and during my studies became interested in homelessness and the impacts on a person’s health. My interest prompted me to move career into housing in around 2002 and have spent several decades in several varied roles as a homelessness and strategic housing officer. I have experience at both a middle and senior management level finally becoming the Head of Strategic Housing Services for a city council, also covering community services, corporate safeguarding, civil emergency and business continuity.
I have 3 grown-up children and 4 grandchildren. I like to be busy and enjoy looking after my many orchids and a special bonsai tree.
Fields of expertise
- Strategy and Partnership Working
- Homelessness and Rough Sleeping
- Policy Development.
- Wrote and published a Housing Corporation Innovation and Good Practice report “Joined Up Thinking on Supported Housing”.
- Foundations Awards – one for “Innovation” leading the development of the Worcestershire Dementia Dwelling Grant and one for the Worcestershire “Commissioning Approach”,
- Led the work in Worcestershire to develop integrated housing, health and social care and this was detailed as an area of good practice in the Governments publication re-launching the Health, Housing and Social Care Memorandum of Understanding
- Social Policy BSc (Hons)
Professional and community involvement
- I was involved in several Voluntary Sector Boards but since transferring to Foundations no longer take part in these.